According to people. Veteran musician Toko Tasi died after he was shot Saturday in Long Beach, California, authorities said Monday.
Toko Tasi: The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner said that an autopsy on Tasi, 45, whose real name was Tasi Malaki, is pending, People reported. Police in Long Beach Sunday said that a probe has been launching into the killing, in which Tasi was shot in the upper torso, and pronounced dead at the scene
Veteran: Tasi had past collaborated with Sublime frontman Bradley Nowell, who died 23 years ago amid a heroin overdose
Remembering him: A memorial was set up in Long Beach for Tasi, a stalwart in the community
- I’ll crush insecurity in S/West within 4 months – Gani Adams
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Experiences Further Dip In Transactions
- Wizkid tells his fans to expect new music in 5 years (screenshot)
- Wizkid raises questions as he deletes all his posts from Instagram page
- Juliet Ibrahim Reacted To Iceberg Slim’s Public Apology To Her
- #BBNaija 2019: Esther Reveals to HouseMates Having $€x Last Night
- Buhari bans forex issuance for food import
- Peace Mass boss In Confusion’ alleged refund of N2.2bn overpayment as EFCC, NFIU deny knowledge of transaction
‘The community is arranging benefit shows, which will be posted here, so you can support the family in their time of grieving;’ a memorial was slated for Monday evening in Long Beach.
His friend Audra Visciti told the Long Beach Post that Tasi was in good spirits on the evening prior to his shooting.
‘He was so happy that night … he said to me, “I feel so spiritual right now,”‘ Visciti said. ‘Everybody loved him, everybody wanted to be around him.’
Tasi’s catalog included the 2017 record Rise ta Shine and the 2008 album No Stress Express. He had also past collaborated with Sublime frontman Bradley Nowell (who died 23 years ago amid a heroin overdose), according to the Los Angeles Times.